Platform Skills Guide 3
Marketing Automation and Sales CRM: User Insights
Tip: Keep the platform open on your computer screen while following the guide on a second monitor/ tablet/ phone.
NOTE: When working on the platform, and particularly with the email editor, ALWAYS use your browser in Incognito Mode.
Advanced Users 2: Experience Marketing Automation in action [Download the PDF Version]
Right click and open https://www.inspiredmarketing.co.za/ and then hover over the 'About Automation' tab on the Navigation bar and click on 'Live Demos'.
- Click ‘Magic Trick Demo’
- Go through the process and the ‘image selection’ method used in this demo.
- Answer the following question: Give an example when you might use this type of form completion i.e. using an image to make a selection.
- Click ‘Leadership Style Demo’
- Go through the process and the ‘button selection’ method used in this demo.
- Answer the following question: Give an example when you might use this type of form completion i.e. using a button to make a selection.
- Click ‘Pick-a-car Demo’
- Go through the process and the ‘radio button’ method used in this demo.
- Answer the following question: Give an example when you might use this type of form completion i.e. using radio buttons to make a selection.
Advanced Users 1: Learn more about Marketing Automation [Download the PDF Version]
Right click and open https://www.inspiredmarketing.co.za/ and then hover over the 'About Automation' tab on the Navigation bar.
- Click ‘Marketing Automation Advantage’
- Read and familiarise yourself with the content.
- Answer the following question: Name 3 benefits offered by Marketing Automation that will make a difference for you.
- Click ‘Marketing Automation Features’
- Read and familiarise yourself with the content.
- Answer the following question: What channels do you expect to use to drive prospective customers into the top of your sales funnel?
- Click ‘Sample Campaigns’
- View campaign concepts.
- Answer the following question: Name 3 types of campaigns you might want use on the platform?
Advanced Users 3: Creating a successful daily Marketing Automation habit [Download the PDF Version]
Get the most out of the platform - and save time - by organising your daily routine.
- Organising your online marketing tools
- Go to your browser navigation bar (below the url search bar), right click, open a folder and call it ‘Marketing’.
- Go to https://www.inspiredmarketing.co.za/ then bookmark the page and move it to the browser bar folder called ‘Marketing’.
- Go to https://www.inspiredmarketing.co.za/ and navigate to ‘Sign In’. Click and then enter your login details and click ‘sign in’.
- Your Marketing Automation platform will open up the first dashboard page. Bookmark it and add to the 'Marketing' folder.
- Add any other relevant bookmarked marketing/ sales websites and apps to your ‘Marketing’ folder for quick access.
- Sales and customer relationship management daily routine
- Open the platform as one of your first daily activities.
- Check the first page start up dashboard for recent activity. For more: https://www.inspiredmarketing.co.za/platform-skills-1/
- Managing new leads
- Go to ‘click ‘Visitor ID’.
- Check on the left-hand panel the recent website and sales page visitors.
- Identify any new contacts – click ‘Convert to Lead’ any genuine new leads.
- Review ‘New Lead’ activities by clicking ‘View Lead’ and going to the ‘Life of the Lead’.
- For basic help go to: https://www.inspiredmarketing.co.za/platform-skills-1/
- Reviewing website performance
- Go to ‘Analytics’ and click ‘Traffic Sources’. Note: Get familiar with the source of your online traffic.
- Click ‘Web Insights’ and familiarise yourself with bounce rates, referrers and other statistics.
- Click ‘Campaign’ and review the performance of your campaigns.
- Click ‘AdWords’ and review the performance of your Google Adverts.
- Click ‘Email Jobs’ and review your individual email sending performance.
- Click ‘Email Reports’ and review your email campaign performance.
Advanced Users 4: Sourcing new contacts [Download the PDF Version]
Grow your business by sourcing new cold-call contacts for your CRM database.
- Prepare your research plan
- List of suburbs or towns you want to research.
- List of industries, professions, etc. you want to research.
- Contact list spreadsheet template with correct headings.
- Open the spreadsheet contact database template
- Download the Contact Database Template
- In a new tab open Google Search
- Search Industry and Town e.g. businesses Cape Town
- An info box with the map of the area and a few businesses below the map will display
- At the bottom of the info box click ‘More places’
- Identify the size businesses (small, medium, large) that you are targeting and have a website, and right click ‘Website’ and select ‘Open link in new tab’
- Start populating the spreadsheet – mainly the clear white section (only populate the grey section if you believe it’s really helpful to record the info).
- Search for names of people, especially decision-makers relevant to your services and products – add them to the spreadsheet.
- Find the ‘Contact’ section of the website and source any information you might want to add to the spreadsheet.
- Often a company will have a general email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org – copy that address to one of the names you add to the spreadsheet. This will give us an idea of how their email address is set up (we might need this for future reference).
- Once you have a list of potential contacts (could be 10 or 100 names, depending on your plan), open up LinkedIn.
- In the search box insert the company name (or contact name & company name).
- Add names of decision-makers to the spreadsheet.
- Hover over the names, right click and ‘Open link in new tab’.
- Do the above for all the possible decision-makers listed under the company.
- Check the person’s details to make sure they are potentially the right person to connect with and then click ‘Connect’ for each one.
- If you have an inbox message you want to send and the facility is available (usually LinkedIn Premium accounts), send your message.
- NB – ensure you have a well thought through inbox message strategy before sending a message.
- On the right of you will see other potential contacts. If any one of them seems worth connecting with at this point, hover over the name, right click and ‘Open link in new tab’.
- Go back to your spreadsheet and add information to your list e.g. you might have added 5 people from one company but have not added the company name next to each person. Add that info now.
Save file in CSV format ready to upload to the Marketing Automation CRM platform.